Bottomless Brunch @ The New Street Grill



So what is brunch?

Brunch: (n) the socially acceptable excuse to drink before noon 

Now if that doesn't sound perfect then I don't know what does. However it gets better. A number of restaurants have introduced the concept of a 'bottomless brunch' to their menus.

Simply 'bottomless brunch' is where, for an allocated amount of time, you a provided with a certain alcoholic drink, which is continually refilled until the meal is over. Picture your local cafe, where the waiter tops up your mug with tea or coffee, but with prosecco instead - it's like a dream, right?

Now when it came to researching anything to do with school work, it would take a lot for me to even start, but tell me to research the best restaurants, to find those offering unlimited prosecco deals, and it will be done in a matter of minutes. 

So I found a number of different places:
  1. Bourne and Hollingsworth Buildings  (Farringdon) 
  2. Avenue (St James') 
  3. New Street Grill (Liverpool Street)
  4. One Canada Square (Canary Wharf) 
  5. The Great Exhibition (East Dulwich) 

Oh and there are a lot more...
Now what with these and my dress choices (from the blog post "The Perfect Dress"), I really am faced with some tough decisions, aren't I?

Each of these restaurants offer one or more of the following: unlimited Prosecco, Bloody Mary's, Mimosas or Bellinis. It probably doesn't come as much of a shock that I chose a restaurant that offered the Prosecco option (if you didn't know, it's one of my faves). 


And this was...
The New Street Grill

Its just a little walk away from Liverpool Street Underground Station and is just round the corner from a Dirty Martini (one of my all time favourite bars). 

The restaurant itself is lovely and the staff are so friendly and accommodating, though I suppose they could have been nasty and rude, but as long as they continued topping up my glass I would have been happy. 

The food was delicious and there were a number of options to choose from. It was also good value for money in my opinion. A lot of the other restaurants listed above, have a much higher price associated with them. 

Here, we both opted for the 'New Street Grill Full English' at a price of £12 (see picture). They also offer a two-course or three-course set menu for £20-25. Take a look at the menu to see all the other options available. 

Now the unlimited prosecco can be added to any brunch on Saturday or Sunday for an additional £15. Believe me, if you're anything like me, you will definitely get your moneys worth.


Now, once the food was gone and the prosecco stopped flowing, I made the mistake of turning to the cocktail menu. 

Luckily we had the will-power to stop at just one each, as each cocktail was a little on the pricey side. 

However if you deserve a treat, then it is definitely worth having one or two, as they were absolutely delicious. Oh and it goes without saying, that if you're being treated, then you might as well set up a tab and get comfortable.

So....I definitely recommend this place to anyone, particularly if you love to brunch with the girls (and boys)....who doesn't love brunch with flowing prosecco and a side of gossip. I definitely plan on going back...and soon!                                                                                                          

4 comments

  1. Just properly checked your blog out too! (I always read from Bloglovin and rarely get a chance to go directly to blogs). Love this post! Prosecco is my favourite too! I need to go to one of these places it sounds awesome!
    Lovely blog, glad I'm following.

    Abigail x

    http://lazytealight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank-you sweetie! Ahh looks like we have very important thing in common!! I definitely recommend xx

      Delete
  2. Can't beat a bit of brunch! I'm partial to a veggie fry up and prosecco combo with chatter <3

    Amy - Four Cats Plus Us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I feel every Sunday, just need the job to fund the lifestyle!!

      Xxx

      Delete